WarDragon's Way of the Wicked
NPCs and monsters organized by region and/or by organization. List NPCs by region of origin unless it is unknown (in which case list them by organization) or unless it would obviously make more sense to put them elsewhere.
Branderscar Prison and surroundings
- Damodred Anheis, a deceased elven villain who likely caught a bloodborne disease from his baby-eating ways.
- Irena, a servant from Branderscar turned willing slave
- Gregor, a servant from Branderscar turned cooperative slave
- Grumblejack, the party’s ogre ally rescued from the prison
- Malcolm, a former nameless slave of Tiadora who recovered his identity with the party’s aid
- Mathias Richter, the prison warden who preferred holing up in his tower with a bawdy penny dreadful to actually overseeing the prison for the most dangerous criminals of Talingarde.
- Myrtle, a devout servant from Branderscar and unwilling prisoner
- Sam, a cowardly and now headless kitchen worker on Branderscar’s day shift
- Sir Balin, legendary witch-hunter
- Timeon, Sir Balin’s yellow squire
- Tomas Blackerly, the corrupt sergeant who managed the prison’s day-to-day affairs
Farholde, the Horn of Abaddon, and surroundings
- Baron Arkov Vandermir, a decadent but ambitious aristocrat aligned with the Knot of Thorns.
- Bergill Mott is the headmaster of Baron Vandermir’s orphanage.
- Ezra Twice-Damned is a dread wraith.
- Hexor and Vexor are daemons.
- Jurak was a trusting treant guardian.
- Kumanda was a fierce boggard chieftain.
- Temperance Avigail was the Abbess of the Abbey of St. Cynthia-Celeste.
- Tiny Tim is a newly minted minion.
- Zikomo is a boggard shaman.’
- Albrecht Schmidt, a minor wizard fed up with anti-arcane discrimination
- Crystal and Kysa are two minions of Lucavi Delacroix recruited from Aldencross.
- Father Donnagin, deceased (and sainted) clergyman
- Franz Mott, a former captain of Balentyne, turned cuckold, murderer, and unwilling guest of “The Inquisition”
- Jacques, former soldier of Balentyne and zealous torturer duped into the service of the Nessian Knot
- Kaitlyn Mott, the beautiful but unfaithful wife of Franz
- Mama Giuseppe is a maker of delicious stews.
- Melrov Altsney, a former soldier of Balentyne turned minion of the Nessian Knot
- Paula, alchemist from Aldencross and friend of Sebastian.
- Ryan Varning, captain of the fort’s rangers, who was ambushed and slain returning to Balentyne
- Samual Barhold, senior captain of Balentyne killed in the secret tunnels below the fort
- Tacitus, deceased former magister of Balentyne.
- Thomas Havelyn, deceased former Lord of Balentyne and inflexible Paladin of Mitra.
- Zach Eddarly, a former captain of Balentyne murdered by Franz Mott
- Aidan Kael was the leader of the failed Fourth Knot, which was wiped out by Ezra Twice-Damned
- Cardinal Adrastus Thorn, high priest of Asmodeus and master of the Knot of Thorns
- Dostan Alfson, a taciturn barbarian and member of the Seventh Knot
- Elise Zadaria, a mysterious witch of the North and leader of the Seventh Knot
- Sakkarot Fire-Axe, a bugbear warlord and leader of the First Knot
- Thorn’s Furies are nine erinyes in the Cardinal’s service.
- Tiadora, a sarcastic devil and servant of Cardinal Thorn.
- Bronwyn Havelyn, long-dead wife of Thomas
- Markadian IV, former King of Talingarde and author of the Great Purges
- King Markadian V, current King of Talingarde
- Princess Bellinda, heir to the throne
- Nerianus, triton oracle of Mitra slain by the Nessian Knot
- Kargeld Odenkirk, over-greedy captain
- Killiketz is an ice mephit.